Director of Broadband Services
Job Summary and Objectives
The Director of Broadband Services will direct the activities of the fiber to the premise subsidiary and implementation of the fiber to the home project. The Director Broadband Services will recommend objectives and establish operating procedures to create and maintain financial soundness and profitability while ensuring optimum service to subscribers.
Bachelor degree in Business Management or Information Technology related field required. Practical experience in managing or directing a technology related business required. Must demonstrate advanced knowledge of networking technologies. Must have technical knowledge of LAN/WAN; routing, switches, telephony, and security devices – IOS; VoIP; IPTV technologies; and Fiber optic technologies. Strong negotiation skills required. Excellent leadership skills and previous supervisory experience preferred. Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
Responsibilities and Essential Job Functions
- Manages and directs operations and activities of the cooperative’s fiber to the premise subsidiary, to include hiring and managing employees, preparing reports, establishing budgets, comparing and analyzing options, reviewing and executing vendor contracts, maintaining public relations, marketing services, and managing assets.
- Researches new and emerging technologies to further goals of the company. Evaluates new business and expansion opportunities and recommends new services to the CEO.
- Plans, directs, and oversees all lines of broadband business.
- Implements and operates the FTTP network within the financial projections and budget approved by the board of directors. If modifications are required develops budget/plan amendments with financial analysis for CEO and board approval.
- Establishes and implements goals within guidelines established by the CEO.
- Ensures operations comply with applicable federal, state, and local regulations.
- Represents the company with regulatory agencies, legislative bodies, and industry associations.
- Promotes and maintains a safe working environment, observes all safety rules, and supports the cooperative’s Mission, Core Values, and Vision in carrying out the responsibilities of the position.
- Supports and keeps abreast of bylaws, guidelines, policies/procedures and philosophies of the cooperative to effectively serve and support cooperative members and subsidiary subscribers.
- Regularly confers with parent and subsidiary employees to offer assistance as needed. Works closely with parent company personnel to ensure overall success of the subsidiary and parent organization.
- Maintains great relations with vendors, contractors, subscribers, customers, and the general public in carrying out the responsibilities of the position. Work with consultants as required ensuring the success of the FTTP deployment and ongoing operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned to fulfill the objectives of the company and this position.
Individual has complete authority to take whatever action he or she deems advisable or necessary, subject only to the policies or general rules laid down by his or her immediate supervisor. Supervision over this position is general in nature, relying heavily upon the competency and accountability of the employee. Employee is expected to work independently. Employee is expected to keep CEO and board informed of progress and potential problems, apply guidelines and obtain approval for deviation from guidelines.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties and requirements for personnel in this position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Must possess and demonstrate in-depth knowledge of business principles and practices required to manage a fiber to the premises business; including but not limited to sales, operations, customer service, communications and process development. Must be knowledgeable about budgeting, general accounting and fiscal management practices; office procedures; and business operating systems. Must have a thorough understanding of financial principles; be able to evaluate fiscal and financial information, and achieve positive financial results. Must be knowledgeable about the appropriate methods and means of dealing with human behavior situations in a variety of business circumstances.
Must be able to implement fiber to the premise deployment plan and ongoing business operations; including but not limited to recommending policies, procedures, organizational structures, staffing, processes, and management reporting and controls. Must have demonstrated ability to effectively work directly with the public and company personnel. Must communicate effectively verbally and in writing with all organizational levels both in the utility and its subsidiaries and with outside contractors and vendors.
Relies on extensive experience, sound judgment and demonstrates leadership to plan and accomplish goals. Must have proven ability to plan and organize work to meet deadlines, all with a high degree of accuracy with attention to detail. Must have strong analytical and critical thinking skills with demonstrated problem-solving abilities. A wide degree of creativity and flexibility is expected.
Communicating effectively, verbally and in writing, in a diverse range of audiences and settings; persuasion and negotiation of conflicts and problems; assessing operational, program, staffing, and fiscal needs; interpreting legal documents and government regulations, evaluating fiscal and financial reports, forms, and data; analyzing complex written documents; identifying and resolving administrative problems; working long and irregular hours, and under pressure conditions; delegating responsibility and achieving results through subordinates; and maintaining order in an environment of changing priorities.
Requires understanding and the ability to interpret contracts, agreements, and administrative policies to properly apply provisions to supervising and directing the work of subordinates as appropriate, and to build and lead a team successfully. Must be able to resolve administrative problems and effectively delegate duties to achieve results.
Understands the concept of providing quality services to our members and subscribers, and agrees to maintain a continuing commitment to superior customer service.
Inside position with usual office working conditions. Work outside of normal business hours is required.
Mail or email employment application and supporting documents to:
East Central Electric
Attn: Gary Creekmore
PO Box 1178
Okmulgee, OK 74447
Submit by email to: