East Central Oklahoma Electric Cooperative is currently recruiting for an Engineering Manager to join our organization. The successful candidate will manage schedules and assignments to monitor the daily activities of the distribution engineering department to ensure a high-level of customer service.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
Directs the preparation of construction designs. Manages the preparation of information and costing data required to bill consumers for construction work, facilities attachment fees and street light installations. Collaborates with other department managers, timely development of the Four Year Work Plan and management of approved projects and in prioritizing and scheduling of distribution infrastructure improvement projects. Directs the preparation and maintenance of system maps in the Utility Design System, GIS, and engineering analysis programs. Performs engineering studies and analysis of the distribution system, including fault studies, coordination studies, voltage drop, load analysis, etc. Consults with other departments electric system conditions that require changes in system design, operation, and/or protection.
Establishes and maintains systems and controls which verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the Company’s value. Optimizes the production capacity of the engineering staff to improve work efficiency and staff skill base within the department. Provides leadership within the department to ensure required human resource administration-staffing, training, coaching, development, work assignments, performance management, goals and objectives and compliance with company policies and procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree Engineering is required. Five to seven years of related experience and/or training including management of programs and people is PREFERRED. The ability to obtain Professional Engineer certification in the State of Oklahoma is preferred.
The ideal candidate will:
- Ability to function independently in a multi-task environment, as well as part of a team.
- Ability to apply company policies and procedures and generally accepted accounting principles as well as all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
- Demonstrated proficiency with general computer operation and Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to apply knowledge of engineering design tools, software and ECOEC construction standards.
- Demonstrated knowledge of engineering construction and material specifications, facilities attachment contracts, street light tariffs, municipal lighting agreements, company automated billing and costing systems and ECOEC terms and conditions.
- Ability to use MilSoft or other software to perform engineering studies (voltage drop, coordination, fault analysis’, etc.).
- A demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Ability to develop and motivate a team.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to think ahead and plan over a short and long-term focus.
East Central Oklahoma Electric Cooperative, Inc. is an equal opportunity provider and employer./VET/DISABLED