Fiber Network Field Technician
Fiber Network Field Technician (Installation & Maintenance)
East Central Electric is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Fiber Network Field Technician.
ecoLINK is lighting the way to Gigabit broadband fiber-optic services in rural Oklahoma. As a member of the ecoLINK team, our field techs are the face of our organization. They install ecoLINK fiber equipment at the customer premise, provide initial onboarding information for new customers, and make repair visits to restore service.
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Receive work assignments and trouble cases from designated employees or via tablets.
• Installing, rearranging, and maintaining inside wiring.
• Rearranging and reconnecting fiber optic wiring at pole, underground or building terminals.
• Performing necessary work to connect, disconnect, test, repair and maintain various types of company and customer provided telephones and equipment.
• Configuring customers' computer and equipment.
• Performing diagnostic tests on integrated circuit equipment to determine trouble.
• Interpreting service orders and circuit diagrams.
• Evaluating customer communication needs and promoting the sale of Company products and services, and referring customers to the appropriate office.
• Communicating frequently with customers on matters dealing with service, planning, billing, and Company policy.
• Works aloft; climb ladders and poles; enter tunnels, buildings, trenches, crawl spaces, manholes, and other confined spaces to accomplish job tasks.
• May perform light digging.
• May be required to stand or sit for long periods of time.
• May work outdoors in all weather conditions.
• Normally works and travels alone between work locations by driving Company vehicles with little or no direct supervision.
• Responsible for arranging work load and dealing directly with the appropriate center.
• Identifying and meeting individual customer requirements on installation and/or repair contacts.
• May be required to perform additional duties and tasks as required by the Company.
• Results obtained in standard tests for this position must meet minimum requirements established by the Company, in accordance with Company policy.
• Must meet medical standards for the job. Ability to perceive differences in wire and cable colors. Must meet weight restriction to comply with OSHA/Company safety standards.
• Ability to move and/or lift items such as ladders, tools, cable, test equipment and other objects weighing up to 100 pounds.
• Must meet applicable federal and state standards for operating the size vehicles covered by this job title.
• Must be able to communicate effectively with customers.
• Must be available to work scheduled tours designated by the Collective Bargaining Agreement and/or the needs of the business. May be required to work evenings, weekends, holidays, and overtime as the needs of the business necessitate. Non-scheduled days will be required as needs of the business necessitate.
• A valid state driver's license is required satisfactory driving record. Must have ability to drive company vehicle and read and interpret road maps.
Work Tours: Potentially 7 days a week, 7:30am - 8:00pm. Must be able to work overtime based on the needs of the organization.
• Associates/Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent work experience is preferred
• 1+ years installing Cable TV, Data, Internet, and/or Satellite TV.
• 1+ years Fiber/Copper I&M Telecom Experience
• Must pass all training/skills which includes but not limited to Pole Climbing and ecoLINK fiber Training
• Training may occasionally require extended, over-night travel
• After an offer of employment is made, a physical examination is required which will include drug testing.
All Fiber Network Field Technician candidates must complete an Application for Employment and the Driver's Supplemental Application for Employment. Candidates may attach a resume, however, resumes will not be accepted as an application.
Application open until filled.