Field Operations Manager
To implement best practices in installation and maintenance of the fiber to the premise network. To oversee day-to-day operations and performance of Fiber Network Field Technicians. Develop safety procedures in coordination with the Safety Coordinator for the parent electric company.
Reports to: Director of Broadband Operations
Directs: Fiber Network Field Technicians (responsible for installations, repair, maintenance…from the inside of the fiber huts, similar to central offices, to the subscriber premise).
- Oversee, train, and coach Fiber Network Field Technicians.
- Work with GIS mapping technician and Electric Cooperative electrical engineering staff to communicate construction goals and timelines.
- Promote safety to employees and contractors. Observe all safety rules. Maintain a safe working environment by adhering to policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Work with homeowners, business owners, and landowners on issues related to fiber network. Follow up to ensure issues are resolved.
- Assists in training contractors and employees on fiber installation and maintenance specifications and methods. Continue to evaluate and improve those methods.
- Work with drop and installation contractors and employees for scheduling and subscriber contacts to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Ensure state, county, and local permits are filed appropriately. Work with cooperative electrical engineering department to request private ROW easements when required.
- Preserves confidentiality of company issues when relating to staff, customers, and general public.
- Supports the Bylaws, guidelines, policies and philosophies of the company at all times.
- Supports the Mission Statement and Core Values at all times.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities of personnel so classified.
- The Field Operations Managers shall be required to perform any other duties assigned in order to fulfill the objectives of the company.
Director of Broadband Operations - To request and provide assistance as required; to confer on problems; to seek necessary approvals and to keep informed of departmental and company policies and procedures, and to discuss any unusual situations affecting the job.
Fiber Optic Installation & Maintenance Technicians – To supervise the day-to-day operations of the technician employees. Approve timesheets and workload and schedules of Fiber Optic and Installation technicians.
Customer Service Department – Work with customer service on subscriber and landowner issues to ensure contractors are performing work on schedule and all issues have resolution. Communicate with customer service on issue resolutions. To ensure continued access to private rights of way, all landowner issues must have resolution.
Network Operations Manager – To ensure Fiber Optic System is constructed in a manner to enable activation of network and delivery of service.
To be a team player and provide leadership to maintain effective internal relationships to enhance information transfer and productivity.
Operations Department – Work with operations department on day to day construction issues. Request electrically qualified linemen to assist construction personnel with safety concerns. Communicate construction schedules and ROW clearing needs and make-ready.
Engineering Department – Communicate make ready needs. Work with engineering to ensure adequate clearances, attachment methods, and to maintain overall system reliability.
Contractors/Vendors – Provide oversight of all fiber optic installation & maintenance contractors working on the system at any given time. Work with materials vendors to ensure adequate inventory to support timelines. To request and provide assistance as required and to confer on problems as required to maintain efficient and effective systems.
Subscribers – To support and assist subscribers to access the network.
To be a team player and provide leadership to maintain good relations in all contacts with the general public.
Body Movements – This position is rated at a Level 1.0 for Physical Capacity Profile (PCP) testing.
Visual & Audio Acuity – Visual and audio acuity is essential to this position.
Travel – Frequent daytime travel across the entire service territory for construction inspection and subscriber and landowner issues. Will perform installations as needed to support field operations. Infrequent overnight travel for meetings and training.
Substance Abuse Testing - Must pass all random and mandatory testing.
This position requires the ability to operate company vehicles safely.
Bachelor of Science degree in MIS/CIS/BIS, Telecommunications Technology, or other related field is preferred.
Prefer at least five (5) years’ experience in fiber optic outside plant management and project management.
Knowledge in fiber optic outside plant management and fiber network topologies including GPON utilizing taps and splitters. maintenance, repair, and emergency restoration method knowledge is required. A thorough understanding of construction maps, fiber optic networks and splice diagrams.
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
Must be able to plan and organize work to meet deadlines. Work is varied and requires a high degree of accuracy with attention to detail. Critical thinking and problem-solving abilities are critical. The ability to multi-task is imperative. Working as a team player and leadership ability is an essential function of this position. Interpersonal skills for interaction with staff, customers, contractors, and the general public are required.
Must have general PC abilities including Microsoft Office and tablet operating skills. Must be able to operate and navigate electronic maps.
Normal office conditions. Some irregular hours may be required. Occasional long-distance travel may be required. After an offer of employment has been made, a physical examination is required which will include drug testing.
This is an exempt, non-union position.
Mail or email employment application and supporting documents to:
East Central Electric
Attn: Gary Creekmore
PO Box 1178
Okmulgee, OK 74447
Submit by email to: