Network Operations Manager
The Network Operations Manager is a leader in designing, implementing, and maintaining network systems including the hardware and software, and other data and voice communications. The Network Operations Manager researches and implements best practices in networking to provide optimum data, voice, and video services.
Responsibilities and Essential Job Functions
- Oversees the day to day operations of the network required to provide data, voice and video service to subscribers, as well as back office networking required for administrative support.
- Maintains day-to-day security of networks and servers including operating systems and applications.
- Designs and implements network connectivity for LAN and WAN connections, including documentation of network connections.
- Receives and evaluates requests for additional network applications and makes recommendations on required hardware and software to assist in determining whether these requests will meet the user's needs and function in coordination with our existing hardware and software.
- Assist subscriber support team to enable subscribers to access the network successfully.
- Oversees maintenance of all network devices with all firmware and software updates and security patches and features.
- May assist in review process for vendor contracts.
- Promotes and maintains a safe working environment, observes all safety rules, and supports the Mission Statement and Core Values in carrying out the responsibilities of the position.
- Supports and keeps abreast of bylaws, guidelines, policies/procedures and philosophies of the parent Cooperative to effectively serve and support members and subscribers.
- Performs other duties as assigned to fulfill the objectives of the company and position.
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and tasks that may be assigned.
Reports to: Director of Broadband Services
Directs: Network Administrator and Network Engineers
Internal: Confers with other departments as needed to address networking needs.
External: Maintains great relations with vendors, contractors, subcribers, customers and the general public in carrying out the responsibilities of this position. Works with consultants and construction team to test and light network.
This position mainly requires sitting to complete work with a computer and telephone. Some walking and standing are also required, as well as occasional lifting and/or carrying and/or pushing/pulling of various equipment such as routers, servers, or switch gear generally less than 20 pounds. Visual acuity is essential.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should have the following education, competencies, and experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Information Technology related field or equivalent
- Five or more years of experience in a server or network role.
- Advanced knowledge in networking and server administration.
- Proven ability to multi-task and plan/organize work to meet deadlines, all with a high degree of accuracy with attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with demonstrated problem-solving abilities.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to work as a team player.
- Leadership skills and previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Preferred technical skills/understanding include:
- Windows Server
- TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
- Fiber and copper cabling
- Cisco routing, switches, telephony, and security devices – IOS
- VoIP including Latency and Jitter management
- Routing protocols
- Server virtualization
- Broadcast and multicast traffic
- IPTV technologies
- GPON fiber technologies
Must be able to plan and organize work to meet deadlines. Work is varied and requires a high degree of accuracy with attention to detail. Problem-solving and ability to multi-task is critical.
Normal office conditions and irregular hours may be required. Occasional travel may be required, too. After an offer of employment is made, a physical examination is required which will include drug testing.
Mail or email employment application and supporting documents to:
East Central Electric
Attn: Gary Creekmore
PO Box 1178
Okmulgee, OK 74447
Submit by email to: