The Oklahoma Association of Electric Cooperatives is a statewide association created and supported by local electric distribution and generation/transmission cooperatives. OAEC is comprised of 30 member systems, 28 in Oklahoma and two Arkansas systems with a portion of their membership residing in Oklahoma.
Formed in September 1942, OAEC’s purpose is to:
Obtain the fairest possible treatment from state and local governments by acquainting legislators, congressional leaders and other governmental officials with the electric cooperative program.
Enlist the active support of communities by explaining the value of electric cooperatives to the local community and its economy.
Improve the service quality of member systems by acting as a clearinghouse where leaders can exchange ideas and experiences on common problems or opportunities.
Preserve and strengthen individual cooperatives providing them with professional services:
- Safety and Loss Control Program
- Advertising and Marketing Campaigns
- Publication of Oklahoma Living, a magazine that reaches over 280,000 homes monthly
- Economic Development Programs
- Mutual Aid Disaster Planning and Coordination
- Professional Development Programs for directors, managers, supervisors and staff personnel
- Legislative Research and Tracking Service
- Self-Insured Workers Compensation Group Insurance Pool
For more information about Oklahoma Association of Electric Cooperatives visit www.oaec.coop.