Subscriber Support Representative
Job Summary and Objectives:
The Subscriber Support Representative supports all aspects of the subscriber experience, including but not limited to scheduling, provisioning, first tier technical assistance, billing, and providing outstanding service for a high level of subscriber satisfaction. The Subscriber Support Representative promotes positive public relations through knowledgeable, responsive, and courteous interactions with current and potential subscribers, contractors, vendors, and the general public.
Responsibilities and Essential Job Functions:
1. Promptly and courteously responds to subscriber inquiries and provides support via telephone, email, written correspondence, or face to face regarding service requests.
2. Maintains accurate and complete member records via computer.
3. Coordinates with internal staff and contractors to address various customer service related issues.
4. Attends community and promotional events as appropriate.
5. Promotes and maintains a safe working environment, observes all safety rules, and supports the Mission Statement and Core Values in carrying out the responsibilities of the position.
6. Supports and keeps up-to-date of bylaws, guidelines, policies/procedures and philosophies of the parent cooperative to effectively serve and support members and subscribers.
7. Performs other duties as assigned to fulfill the objectives of this position.
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and tasks that may be assigned.
Reports to: Network Operations Manager
Internal: Fellow subsidiary employees and other departments within the parent cooperative.
External: Maintains good working relationships with vendors, contractors, subscribers, customers, and the general public in carrying out the responsibilities of this position.
This position mainly requires sitting to complete work with a computer and telephone. Some walking and standing are also required, as well as occasional lifting and/or carrying and/or pushing/pulling of items less than 10 pounds. Visual and audio acuity is essential to this position.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should have the following education, competencies, and experience:
1. High school diploma or equivalent required.
2. Associate’s degree or coursework in Business or Information Technology related field preferred.
3. Previous customer service and/or technical support experience required.
4. Proven ability to multi-task and plan/organize work to meet deadlines, all with a high degree of accuracy with attention to detail.
5. Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with demonstrated problem-solving abilities.
6. Effective communication skills and the ability to work as a team player.
7. Understanding and appreciation of technology and telecommunications along with general computer skills and proficiency in using standard office equipment.
8. Demonstrated ability to effectively deal with people in difficult or stressful situations.
Normal office conditions, some irregular hours may be required. Occasional day time travel for training or various errands as needed to complete the responsibilities of the position.
The Subscriber Support Representative is a non-exempt position.
Mail or email employment application and supporting documents to:
East Central Electric
Attn: Gary Creekmore
PO Box 1178
Okmulgee, OK 74447
Submit by email to: