Position Summary: SCADA Technician
Provide technical support for all SCADA related hardware and software used in East Central Oklahoma Electric Cooperative (ECEC) systems.
Interact directly with ECEC, KAMO, and Western Farmers Electric Cooperative (WFEC) personnel to provide reliable control of substation and downline devices through the associated computer management systems.
Interact and interface with any other related communications equipment or systems as needed under the direction of engineer.
Will be responsible for the administration of software, data collection, and documentation. Perform other duties as required.
Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Meter Department, System Operations, Mapping, field personnel, G&T, and the engineer on SCADA related issues.
- Work with technicians of G&T and mapping personnel to establish, or correct discrepancies in electronic information transfers.
- Perform installations, repairs, corrections, and maintenance on ECEC master and remote SCADA computers, electronics, RTU interfaces, and associated software and hardware.
- Program, build and maintain interactive computer displays, graphics, and real-time databases for required SCADA operations.
- Develop and maintain trends, graphs, and spreadsheets for ECEC Historical SCADA data. Maintain software activations and licenses.
- Provide guidance and support for ECEC AMR/AMI and DG installations and displays as required.
- Answer calls from ECEC personnel, G&T System Operators, and other technicians on a 24-hour basis.
- Perform field related investigations, inspections, or monitoring and report and document unsafe conditions or damaged equipment.
- Perform special communications related assignments as required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
An Associate’s degree in electronics, telecommunications, or computer networking related field from a recognized vocational/technical school is preferred.
Minimum of four (4) years field-related experience as an engineering technician or in a comparable position preferred.
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
This position requires working inside in a controlled environment and outside in varying weather conditions.
Sitting for extended periods of time working on a computer or workstation.
Talking on the phone or headset for extended periods of time. Hearing within normal range, hearing aids are permitted.
Vision within normal range, corrective lens are permitted.
Must have a valid driver’s license.
Must be able to lift 50lbs.
Hazards may include extreme heat, extreme cold, dust, rain, humidity, snow, high winds, hail, ice, and other weather-related conditions.
High Voltage will also be present near some locations.
Interested applicants must apply on Cooperative website. ECOEC.com