Youth Tour is an annual all-expense-paid trip to Washington D.C. that Oklahoma's Electric Cooperatives provide to 11th grade students in our service territories each year. This trip is an all-encompassing leadership experience allowing rural students the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to walk the halls of Congress and speak with elected officials. Many past participants have reported back about life-changing experiences watching the changing of the guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and touching the names on the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall.
Applications are open until March 1, 2023.
Questions? Contact Youth Programs Administrator Penny Kendrick at 918-365-1237.
Youth Tour 2023 Promo
2023 Youth Tour Applications
Application Deadline March 1. Winners will be Announced March 20.
I would like to qualify for the 2023 Oklahoma Youth Tour. I am a high school junior and I attend school in the East Central Electric service area. I understand the material I submit in this contest becomes the property of the Oklahoma Association of Electric Cooperatives and East Central Oklahoma Electric Cooperative for use at their discretion. I agree to abide by the rules of the contest and the judges.
Click Here to Complete Application
Contest Submission Guidelines
The 2023 Oklahoma Youth Tour Application has two contest options:
- Submit a video about The Cooperative Difference
- Submit a professional letter to a local, state or federal elected official.
Cooperative Difference Video Criteria
- Research and familiarize yourself with the distinctive qualities of cooperatives.
- Record a 1-2 minute video about the "Cooperative Difference" - how are co-ops unique?
- Please record your video horizontally if using a phone or tablet.
- You will upload your video when completing the application. There is a 100 MB upload limit. If your video exceeds this upload limit, please upload the video to Vimeo or YouTube and email the link to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recommended resources for research:
Legislative Letter Criteria
- Write a professional letter to a local, state or federal elected official about an issue that's important to you.
- Be sure to include specific and appropriate content about your issue in a professional format.
- High-performing submissions will address both a problem and possible solutions.
- You will upload a copy of your letter when completing the application.
2022 Participant Testimonies
Dear East Central Electric, I wanted to thank you for believing in me and sponsoring me! This trip has been so amazing and I have learned so much. Thank you for this opportunity!
- Haley Dennis
Thank you for picking me, out of all the other applicants that applied. I'm extremely grateful that I had the opportunity to represent Oklahoma. I hope to go back to my school and spread the word about this amazing experience.
- JaiCee Lester
Thank you for such a life changing opportunity. There were so many memories made and I will be forever grateful. It was such an honor!
- Cassidy Fisher