SUBSCRIBER SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE
Job Summary and Objectives:
The Subscriber Support Representative supports all aspects of the subscriber experience,
including but not limited to scheduling, provisioning, first tier technical assistance, billing, and
providing outstanding service for a high level of subscriber satisfaction. The Subscriber Support
Representative promotes positive public relations through knowledgeable, responsive, and
courteous interactions with current and potential subscribers, contractors, vendors, and the
Responsibilities and Essential Job Functions:
1. Promptly and courteously responds to subscriber inquiries and provides support via
telephone, email, written correspondence, or face to face regarding service requests.
2. Maintains accurate and complete member records via computer in a timely fashion
including but not limited to contact tracking records, notes, and set up of accounts.
Addresses billing, collections, outages, and related procedures to ensure generation of
appropriate records, correspondence, and service orders for effective work
3. Coordinates with internal staff and contractors to address various customer service
related issues, including eligibility, line extensions, seasonal billing, equipment, technical
4. Promotes a positive subscriber experience through ongoing and effective
employee/subscriber/contractor/vendor/partner communication. Attends community
and promotional events as appropriate.
5. Promotes and maintains a safe working environment, observes all safety rules, and
supports the Mission Statement and Core Values in carrying out the responsibilities of
6. Supports and keeps up-to-date of bylaws, guidelines, policies/procedures and
philosophies of the parent cooperative to effectively serve and support members and
7. Performs other duties as assigned to fulfill the objectives of this position.
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by people assigned to this position. This is not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities and tasks that may be assigned.
Reports to: Network Operations Manager
Internal: Regularly confers with fellow subsidiary employees and other departments
within the parent cooperative as needed.
External: Maintains great relations with vendors, contractors, subscribers, customers, and
the general public in carrying out the responsibilities of this position.
This position mainly requires sitting to complete work with a computer and telephone. Some
walking and standing are also required, as well as occasional lifting and/or carrying and/or
pushing/pulling of items less than 10 pounds. Visual and audio acuity is essential to this position.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should have the following education,
competencies, and experience:
1. High school diploma or equivalent required.
2. Associate’s degree or coursework in Business or Information Technology related field
3. Previous customer service and/or technical support experience required.
4. Proven ability to multi-task and plan/organize work to meet deadlines, all with a high
degree of accuracy with attention to detail.
5. Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with demonstrated problem-solving abilities.
6. Effective communication skills and the ability to work as a team player.
7. Understanding and appreciation of technology and telecommunications along with
general computer skills and proficiency in using standard office equipment.
8. Demonstrated ability to effectively deal with people in difficult or stressful situations.
Normal office conditions, some irregular hours may be required. Occasional day time travel for
training or various errands as needed to complete the responsibilities of the position.
The Subscriber Support Representative is a non-exempt position.