EAST CENTRAL OKLAHOMA ELECTRIC COOPERATIVE, INC.
I. OBJECTIVES IN SERVING CUSTOMERS:
A. To provide a modern and robust Information Technology environment in a
customer focused atmosphere by coordinating and assisting with the
1. Management of the day-to-day cooperative Information Technology
2. Modifications and upgrades of the cooperative Information
3. Prompt customer-oriented service with minimal supervision.
4. Recommending and providing Information Technology training for
5. Fostering a team based decision-making environment.
II. RESPONSIBILITIES IN SERVING CUSTOMERS:
1. Provides support for the operation and maintenance of the
cooperative Information Technology/Telecommunications
2. Plans, budgets, directs, and coordinates activities related to
Information Technology/Telecommunications in accordance with
established policies and objectives defined by prudent business
practice and cooperative management. Assists cooperative
management to develop metrics to evaluate progress.
3. Provides expertise and assistance to cooperative management in
decisions affecting the Information Technology/Telecommunications
4. Identifies opportunities to improve and automate business practices.
5. Perform other duties as directed.
1. Negotiates and maintains all contracts related to the support and
maintenance of cooperative technology infrastructure.
2. Coordinates purchase of Information Technology supplies.
3. Assures all documentation and manuals associated with Information
Technology/Telecommunications are current and available.
4. Develops, or participates in the development of, cooperative policies
and procedures related to Information Technology/Telecommunications
5. Recommends hardware/software based upon evaluation of employee/
business needs and prudent business practices.
6. Coordinates and maintains software inventory and licensing to assure
adherence to copyright laws and availability of software when needed.
Recommends improvements to licensing policy, where appropriate.
C. System Development, Maintenance & Technical Support
1. Performs system updates, backups, installations, and implementations
of software and hardware.
2. Performs maintenance, enhancements, and technical support on existing
hardware and software systems including but not limited to: servers, personal computers, printers, cash registers, network infra-structure, SCADA system, TWACS metering devices, Internet access, and telephone system.
3. Coordinates with all current and new service providers regarding system implementations, improvements, and upgrades.
4. Assists with implementation and/or development of future capabilities
such as online payment, redesign of mapping system, etc.
5. Manages the security of the Information Technology environment, i.e.,
virus protection, access control and off-site backups.
6. Manages all aspects of cooperative Internet presence, i.e., website
maintenance, email management, and domain registration.
Participates as an active team member in the following ways:
1. Attends meetings
2. Shows respect for team members
3. Encourages feedback
4. Assists in accomplishing team’s goals and objectives.
5. Contributes insights and opinions
6. Accepts constructive criticism maturely
E. Value Added Service
Demonstrates empathy and responsiveness to internal and external customer
needs by being timely and following through on customer satisfaction.
Believes and acts with the commitment to determine customer’s satisfaction
level has been met or delegated to someone who can meet their needs. Subject
to “call back” after normal working hours for the purpose of providing
immediate response to equipment failure.
F. Business Initiative
Demonstrates a general understanding of the costs to do business and views
self as a resource in controlling business costs. Maintains company equipment
for peak efficiency and image. Adapts to changes brought about by the
marketplace and technology by demonstrating flexibility in changing work
assignments, processes, and new initiatives. Demonstrates the ability to look
at the “big picture” for process work rather than an individual task. Uses time
III. REPORTS TO:
Director of Broadband
V. EDUCATION AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
A. Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and
three to five years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience with desire to expand skills. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
B. Ability to work with minimal supervision.
C. Extremely strong customer orientation and ability to work in a team environment.
D. Instructional understanding of Microsoft Office products.
E. Thorough understanding of Microsoft Operating Systems required.
F. Understanding of TCP/IP and networking required.
G. Familiarity with Microsoft Server software preferred.
H. Fundamental understanding of website design preferred.
I. Excellent troubleshooting/problem solving ability required.
J. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and
maintenance instructions, schematics, and procedure manuals. Ability to
write routine reports and correspondence.
K. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of
L. Ability to effectively communicate technical information to lay people.
M. Ability to set and follow priorities, good use of organizational skills.
N. Ability and desire to work in a team environment.
O. Ability to effectively interact with immediate supervisor, peers, and
P. Ability to maintain confidentiality with all business data.
Q. Ability to operate various pieces of office equipment.
VI. PHYSICAL CAPABILITIES FOR THIS WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
Normal (non-smoking) office environment, with moderate noise levels. Frequently
required to talk, sit, use hands to enter data and write. Occasionally required to
walk, reach with hand and arms; stoop, kneel; climb or balance in order to reach
high places to file or store record keeping documents and/or supplies. Must
occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds when handling computer equipment
and supplies. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, and ability to
focus to determine accurate data entry at a personal computer terminal.
VII. CUSTOMERS SERVED BY THIS POSITION:
A. Cooperative personnel.
B. External customers including vendors, consultants, and non-cooperative
personnel receiving Information Technology services.